What a time to be alive! Everyday, discoveries are made to improve our lives through medicine, technology, and knowledge. Yet at the same time society seems to be getting less healthy and less happy. People are spending time doing things they don't want to do, and seeking comfort in unhealthy ways such as excessive eating, drinking, and shopping. There's more interest in Hollywood celebrities than our own communities, and what interest remains in politics or world events must be captured in 20 second sound bites. As a result, we're destroying our planet.
I've decided to get off that treadmill and seek a slower, more balanced pace in my life. I eat real food, I stay fit by exercising and getting outdoors regularly, and I'm committed to learning new things and seeking out information, not talking points. I'm determined to minimize my footprint.
I've been on this path for sometime now, and I've realized I often feel quite like a freak. People look at you kind of funny when you don't know who the latest pop star is, or refuse to buy Oreo cookies for your kids. But that's ok, if we're not true to ourselves then what's the point?
No comments:
Post a Comment